1506 River Drive, Moline, IL 61265 : : Tel: 309.762.9190 : : RenewDirector@RenewMoline.com; Facebook
Click here for: CONSTRUCTION UPDATES
Designed by local architect H. W. Whitsitt, Deere & Company built the Prairie Style Caxton Block in 1908 and leased the building to Desaulniers & Company printers. After the firm closed in 1995, the building sat empty and deteriorating for several years and was a candidate for demolition. Then it was purchased by Kaizen Company of America in 2000 which renovated it for anchor tenant and Renew Moline Members, Shive-Hattery Architecture & Engineering Company. The building also housed the WIU-Quad Cities Engineering Program until the development of the new campus years later.
Early Concept Rendering
Renew Moline's successful collaboration with local, state and federal government agencies has resulted in a nearly $400 million investment in renovation and newly built properties in Moline's downtown, riverfront area. And more is planned!
These investments have created jobs and returned energy to the old downtown. Over 2,000 people now work full time in downtown and nearly 600 fill part-time roles. Approximately half of these jobs have been created by the redevelopment that has taken place so far. And more than 2,000 construction jobs have resulted from the projects now in place.
Comparison: Old Moline and New Moline
Built by VAIN Studios
RENEW MOLINE, INC. © 2003-2017